Wednesday 4 July 2012

Busy with work. Got a Deadline tomorrow, yet I still find time to start up another blog, the theme: anything, no specific genre, whatever comes to mind, will document it, be it food exploits, travel, art and design - all guilty pleasures. I need to get these thoughts, ideas or lingering experiences out of my head and put it into writing- free up memory space for new ones.

So Why the name NICLECTIC?
A portmanteau, or a combination of two words- "Nic" (from Nico, thats me) and "lectic", a latin term that means "to gather/collect" and "to recite/read".

Niclectic is also a wordplay or homophone for "eclectic" a person that derives ideas, style, or taste from a broad or diverse range of sources. I guess I consider myself an eclectic person, given the fact that i practice minimalism and modernism in most of my designs/ work process but oftentimes I hoard and overdecorate- practice maximalism and surrealism, to exaggerate.

Thats it for my first post. What to do next?
(Finish my work first and get back soon)



No comments:

Post a Comment